Running away to get married in Thailand, with family and friends in tow...

Saturday, April 7, 2007

Gone with the wind...

Day 2 of kiteboarding lessons...

Today, the winds picked up. It was around 25 knots at some points..a bit..um..a lot strong for someone trying to learn! Anyways, we're still working on figuring the kites out. They are huge, have so much lift, and want to take me off the ground! I completely suck at maneuvering the kites, and part of me says I should just stick with wakeboarding! But then at the end of the day, I thought I was kind of getting it..well not really...I crashed the kite so many times...

Our instructor made us fly the kite, while walking into the ocean (with strong currents, might I add), waves whipping at us. He had to hold my harness, since I'd be swept away and just wanted me to concentrate on the kite. All the while, he told me to fly at 1 o'clock position..but my helmet was gigantic on my head, that it went over my eyes when I tried to look up, so I couldn't even see 1 o'clock..waves whipping...Easier said than done, really. The winds were pretty gusty, too...

At the end of the day, he let us play with a 2 meter trainer kite..now that was more my speed..completely, and even that one moved me around. The kite we were flying before was 5-6 meters, and was a practice kite. The real kiteboarding kites are much bigger...kinda scary to think about ;)

Hopefully there will be wind tomorrow again...I'm kind of ready to move on from Hua Hin...stayed here longer than originally planned...it's not bad, though..beach..can't complain. I love the beach...

3 comments:

textile_fetish said...

You know what's funny? I just watched a program on how these people will attempt kite-boarding without prior expereince (taking the proper steps to learn it) and they get into so much trouble, making it impossible for lifeguards to help them. They were talking about severed limbs!

Ok, that wasn't really funny. I meant funny that I JUST saw this program.

bataiu said...

XE Currency Converter and Money Transfer

Nawazz said...

I love your article. you can visit my website Garena Free Fire Apk Shazam: Discover songs