Running away to get married in Thailand, with family and friends in tow...

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

In sickness and in health...

So our last day of our honeymoon together, we spend all day in bed...and I'm not talking about the enjoyable kind of time in bed! The night before last night, we ate at the night market. Yesterday early morning, I woke up to Sean horking up some evilness from his stomach. A few times...I got us water from the guesthouse, then I was going to go to the 7-11 and get some gatorade. I thought I should empty out first...I sure did allright..but out of the other end! I had some fierce diarrhea. I can't remember how many times I went diarrheaed, but it was probably somewhere in the teens to 20's of how many times I went to the bathroom.

Yesterday we spent in misery, in bed all day and all night. It was bound to happen at some point in the trip. I'm sure the heat exhaustion and dehydration didn't help either (100+ degrees and high humidity, riding bikes and walking around).

Needless to say, I'm glad the worst of it has passed and it seemed to be a 24 hour bug/sickness. This morning, we went to Wat Mahathat, where there is a Buddha head encased in tree roots. After that, we headed to the guesthouse, rested, the we went to the train station. Sean went on his way to Bangkok. He leaves tomorrow for the states.

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Hua Hin, a beach town in the Upper Southern Gulf. It's been so hot here, that I've decided to try to beach it the rest of my trip. Might as well play in the water than sweat it out all day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Eek! I hope you guys are feeling better.

CU said...

kee thack