Running away to get married in Thailand, with family and friends in tow...

Friday, April 6, 2007

Sunburnt...

I've had a few sunburns in my life..I could count them on one hand...but yesterday, I got fried!!! Ouch...I'm currently in Hua Hin, which is on the northeastern coast on the Gulf of Siam. It used to be a fairly Thai beach, according to the Lonely Planet, but has been discovered by Sofitel, Marriot, and many other huge chain hotels that I can't remember...

Long story short, I stayed at a real shithole my first night and hated it. There was no toilet seat, the bathroom light was so dim that you could barely see, it smelled like old pee, and the latch on the bathroom was held on by a piece of foil from a can. Needless to say, I moved out the next day..now staying in a much nicer place for double the price but worth every Baht of it!

I signed up for a 3 day kiteboarding course. I did Day 1 yesterday, but there wasn't much wind. We focused on learning how to set up the kite. Today, there was not enough wind, so no class. Hopefull it'll pick up tomorrow and the next day!

I thought this beach would be a lot quieter, but I guess things have changed in the past few years. It's a bustling town. McDonald's just opened up today. Ronald McDonald was being driving around town in a parade today. And it's quite the European magnet, it seems. I've seen enough women who should not be wearing bikinis and enough guys with huge guts rolling over their banana hammocks..seen enough for my lifetime! Wrinkly overly cooked tanned skin and big saggy breasts as well. Sunscreen, people, sunscreen!!! Some of the foreigners (mostly Europeans) have tans that rival my natural skin color!!! Pretty scary...

1 comment:

Dewdrop Falling said...

Omg, that bathroom would have sent me packing too! Gross!