Running away to get married in Thailand, with family and friends in tow...

Sunday, April 1, 2007

In Ayutthaya now

We made it to Ayutthaya this afternoon. Sukhothai was amazing -- it was the first capital of Siam. Not very busy with tourists, so it was quite a nice break from Bangkok and Chiang Mai. We had to hurry our trip southbound, since we had Sean's itinerary off by a day. So we booked it to Ayutthaya this morn, which is just a stone's throw from Bangkok, in the whole scheme of things.

Ayutthaya was the capital of Siam after Sukhothai (due to the Burmese invasions). Another important place in the Thai culture and history. We did a night tour..I'll save the story for when I actually can really blog again! But tomorrow, we'll be out and about again in Ayutthaya.

Did I mention it's freakin' hot??? We checked into our guesthouse and saw a thermometer just inside the door, in the shade...it read just over 100 degrees!!!! Next time I come to Thailand, I think I'm going to visit in the winter...

2 comments:

textile_fetish said...

OK, where is the part where you got married? Because i know you did. And how was your birthday? Sheesh! I totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday.

marisa said...

lol...I was so busy with family and friends, that I had no time to blog! Yes, I'm married and had a good birthday, too!

When I come home, I'm going to fill in all the blanks with tons and tons of posts and pictures :D